Hello everyone! I know I’ve kinda been MIA the last week or so and I’m sorry! Stress and anxiety has been getting the best of me. So I decided this would be the perfect time to write about stress? We’ve all been stressed at some point in our life and college is were a lot of it happens. Between having several classes, managing your social life, and having personal time m, things get hectic.
I’ve come up with just a few simple tips that I have found helpful.
- Walking. I have always underestimated the power of taking a walk. My boyfriend bought me a Fitbit last month for my birthday and I’ve been encouraged to walk as much as I can. After taking a walk outside I’ve noticed I feel much calmer and level headed. So try taking a walk to the park or even just walk around your local neighborhood. Take your dog with you or plug into your music.
- Drink lots of water. I know I lost this in almost every health post I wrote but water is amazing! Not o my does it help your body function better physically but mentally also!
- Do a favorite activity. Put aside 20 minutes every day to do something you enjoy. Dancing, listening to music, writing in a journal, crafting, or napping!
- Organize. Stress can add up pretty fast when you spend most of your morning looking for that paper you finished last night. Use a calendar or planner to keep track of important events.
- Meditate. Take another 20 minutes of your day in quiet. Meditate, do yoga, or pray. Find something quiet that cams your mind and body.
- Talk it out. Sometimes we need someone to listen to our stress and anxiety. It’s okay to reach out for help and to accept you’re having a hard time. If you feel you need too, reach out for professional help. There is no shame in asking for a helping hand every once in a while. Look up therapists in your area or ask your college about on campus physiologists.
Remember to take care of yourself!